Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform chemical and physical tests on finished products samples, checks and compile test reports.
- To participate in the validation/verification of analytical methods for finished products.
- To record entries/test data into logbooks/forms, software platforms like Pavillion/ IDSS to complete documentation of tests and preparations.
- To read and follow instructions such as SOPs/Work Instructions and Product Specifications.
- To perform maintenance, verification and troubleshooting of instruments used on the job.
- To check that bench top QC instruments and balances are in calibrated/verified status on a regular basis before use.
- To check that reagents and chemicals are within expiry dates and are suitable for use.
- To follow documented procedures and complies with GLP/GMP, safety and ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
- To support Out-of-Specification and Out-of-Trend investigations and compilations.
- To raise issues of concern and initiate purchases of lab consumable items well before depletion.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by superior via special or ad hoc requests.
- To attend appropriate training to improve analytical competency.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in science and at least 1 year of relevant experience as an analyst in a testing laboratory.
- Able to work overtime including weekends when necessary.
- Good and adequate communication and ability to work as a team.
- Licentiateship/Membership of the Malaysian Institute of Chemistry or equivalent.