Duties and Responsibilities:
- To comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and current General Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- To set up process and laboratory equipment and instrumentation required for tests research & process control; especially for new formulation trials.
- To perform maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and Instruments.
- To prepare samples (such as packing and labelling) for bioequivalence study.
- To assist I&D Manager and Executives to:
- To demonstrate and conduct practical training of pharmaceutical processes, technology (e.g. mixing, blending, granulation) & various testing instruments and procedures to new I&D Executives.
- To perform new product development and existing product formulation trials of various dosage forms including tablet, capsules, liquid, suspension, cream and other dosage forms.
- To perform sampling and testing of raw and packaging materials, intermediates and finished products during the new product scale-up and process validation.
- To perform chemical and physical laboratory tests of materials, intermediates and finished products and analyze them for variety of purposes, such as research; product development, quality control, and establishing standards, involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
- To be responsible for verification of weighing balances according to established methods.
- To be responsible for retrieval, handling, maintenance, recording and disposal as well as documentation of new products and Innovator’s products for both stability studies and storage.
- To be responsible for house-keeping and clerical work (i.e. updating the IDSS system) in I&D department.
- To ensure the cleanliness and safety of the work area.
- To report any safety concerns or hazards to I&D Manager or Executives.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by your superior.
- A diploma in science or equivalent knowledge and skill gained from at least five years of experience working in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or analytical laboratory.
- Good communication and able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work overtime, including occasional weekends.