The I&D Manager is accountable for driving achievement of topline I&D KPIs targets. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the formulation and analytical activities as well as managing the administrative operation of I&D department including but not limited to identifying training needs, ensuring staff training for I&D as planned, overseeing maintenance of I&D equipment, managing HR related matters, representing I&D to liaise with internal clients. This position reports to the Head of Innovation and Development.
This position provides opportunities for candidate to be enrolled in the company’s talent development programmed as well as career prospects in the pharmaceutical industry with exposure to compliance with requirements of EU GMP. Candidates with basic know-how about pharmaceutical product development and analysis coupled with existing experience in people management and management of R&D section or department will be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee the daily activities of I&D department and ensure timely resolution to any day-to-day operational issues of I&D.
- To represent I&D department for coordination of cross-departmental activities
- To provide timely departmental update and report to the Head of I&D
- To coach and provide guidance to I&D staff for problem solving
- To review I&D documents including but not limited to project progress documents, job sheets, protocols and reports.
- To collaborate with QC technical service and support I&D analytical team for method transfer.
- To liaise with external vendors for materials and equipment
- To manage leave and over-time (OT) approval.
- To ensure I&D activities conform to ISO 9001:2008, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations.
- Bachelor Degree/ Master and preferably PhD in Pharmacy, Science or equivalent knowledge in pharmaceutical product formulation and research.
- At least 6 years of experiences, preferable with relevant experiences in similar industry for pharmaceutical’s research, development and technical field, management of multiple projects and knowledge of quality assurance.
- At least 5 years of project experience and people management experience
- A pro-active self-starter who can operate both individually and as part of a team
- Outstanding needs analysis, positioning, business justification and closing skills
- Superior presentation and excellent oral and written communication & influencing skills and preferably with basic financial management skills.
- Possess a unique combination of creative and analytical talents and must be able to conceptualize new ideas, research the new ideas, and evaluate them objectively from a market and financial standpoint.
- Have a high degree of tolerance for uncertainty since new product development is ever changing.